I-I-I-I just got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Kate Marie!!
Truth be told, I don’t even know what that award is… but because Kate is my awesome blogger friend and it looked like a super-dee-dooper
(spelling?) tag, I will complete it…
(I seriously had no idea what to do for a blog post, so THANK YOU KATE!!!)
Anyway, basically you answer questions about yourself…
PREPARE TO BE FASCINATED, PEOPLE!!
Not really, because I’m actually a really boring human being….
Sorry. If you weren’t bored before, you are most certainly bored by now. I will proceed before any more of you roll your eyes and scroll down to skip to the questions.
1. If you had to choose one song to be your “anthem” what would it be?
Oh wow. That’s tough.
I’m a huge fan of filmscores so… probably either The Dark Knight
(You know, Batman?) theme or… Shindler’s List…
(Yeah, not really anthems, right? hey, don’t ask any questions. Just accept it as a fact and move on…)
2. What is one book you will never read again and why?
I am sorry to all you Divergent fans, but I read the first book and I merely skimmed over it. It is extremely…
Um. Lovey isn’t a word I would use. Something stronger… and the romance was unrealistic and cheesy in my mind. The MC wasn’t very relatable, and Four was just… ugh.
Let’s just say I didn’t enjoy it at all. But that’s something for another time.
3. What is one book you’ve reread over and over again and why?
I actually have a few. And since I’m horrible at following rules, I’m just going to list them all here:
The Maze Runner series. All three. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
The Red Queen series. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
PLEASE READ THESE BOOKS IF YOU VALUE YOUR SANITY>
(well, actually don’t. The Red Queen series book 2 ends in a cliffhanger and the 3rd book isn’t coming out until FEBRUARY SO HELP ME!! IM DYING OF SUSPENSE!!)
I’ve read them so many times because the characters are beautiful, the action is perfect, and the plots have enough twists and clarity to make them… amazing.
4. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
I would go to New Zealand. I would go to an isolated mountainy, lakey, foresty place and lay on the grass and stare up into the sky and just…
Yeah. Ideal location, people.
5. Do you have a favorite quote and what is it?
I don’t really have a favorite quote…
But if there’s any quote I really relate to it’s:
“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit at a typewriter and bleed.” by Ernest Hemingway.
And yes. We don’t use typewriters. But it’s the exact same thing with a keyboard…
6. If you could meet any historical figure – living or dead – who would you choose to meet? And, for the sake of getting more diverse answers, let’s leave Jesus out of this, shall we?
Darn, I was about to give the Sunday School answer…
Hm. I would probably want to meet Mark Twain so he could teach me all his tricks for writing humor… and descriptions… and words.
I mean, really. How does he write words??
It’s so hard…
7. What is the first book you read on your own?
This question is kinda confusing??
I don’t ever remember not reading, at least in my head… my dad/mom would read aloud to me at night and I would read ahead over their shoulder… (they never knew I was doing it… uh oh. XD )
But probably the first books I really started reading were The Boxcar Children.
Hey. They were entertaining when I was young. Or youngER.
And they really taught me to appreciate interesting plot lines so that’s good.
8. What is your fondest memory?
Awe!! Ready to break out the Kleenex?!
Most definitely when I tried making pumpkin pie and I overturned the bowl and it splattered all over the refrigerator and onto the ceiling and over…
Nevermind. Something else is probably better.
I have so many jumbled up memories that I can’t really sort through them all, but one of my favorites is playing Breyers with my best friend when we were like 9, and creating ridiculous plot lines that we almost never followed.
Yeah, good times.
9. Who are your heroes?
Jason from Studio C. You will always be able to make me crack up, buddy.
Batman from… Batman (The Dark Knight). And yes. He’s fictional. Or is he…??
Jesus, my Lord and Savior!! (And no, this wasn’t meant to be a Sunday School answer and I should have put this first because He is first above all things…)
I don’t have a lot of heroes… that’s sad, isn’t it?
Oh, definitely Joni Erickson Tada. Her story is incredibly inspiring.
(I hope I spelled her name right.)
10. What character from literature are you most like?
AHHHH KATE YOU EVIL PERSON!! YOU ARE MAKING ME CHOOSE!!!
Probably Mare Barrow from the Red Queen… I just really RELATED to her. The whole entire way.
Well, except for the end of the 2nd book. But I won’t spoil anything for you.
I’m going to break another rule. Another character that I thought I was like was that little bouncy girl racing person in Wreck-It Ralph that becomes his best friend? (and I know that’s a movie people, but it was a screenplay before a movie right?!)
WHAT WAS HER NAME??
She’s so similar to me I’ve forgotten her name. That’s me. XD
(And yes. Mare Barrow and that candy person are totally oxymorons but I’m a bit of an oxymoron so don’t freak out on me.)
11. What would you do if the Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow?
Well. The first thing I would do would stare off into space at my wall and start slapping myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.
Then, I would go and stress eat. And while everyone else is being smart and packing food and getting weapons and looking all tough while being dirty even though showers STILL WORK PEOPLE, I would still be stress eating and probably watching Sherlock…
Then I would get a gun and go shoot some zombies and probably get killed in the process.
Wow, you guys really got an in-depth look into my super amazing and unimportant life?
So I guess I have to tag other people!! YAY!!!!
(wait, but what if they’ve been tagged before??? Oh, well. If you have, just pass it on to another person, or just be lazy and do it again. I recommend the latter.)
I dunno even how many people I’m supposed to nominate so I’ll just do like… I don’t know… some people.
Victoria because her header is a moon and the sun is opposite of the moon! I’m such a genius, right?? Also, Anna because we need to know more about her life!! Indy because she’s… She’s Indy, people! What more do I have to say?? Rubix Cube because I absolutely love her story and you guys have to admit that her username is really cool… Kenzie because her blog is NOT the worst blog in Cyberspace and we all know it. So break out of your shell and answer questions!!!
You know what, I’ve run out of the time and energy to copy and paste any more links on this post. So although you can’t say you were nominated for the sunshiny thing blog, (because that wouldn’t be exactly fair, would it?) feel free to answer the questions and rest in the assurance that OF COURSE YOUR BLOG IS AWESOME ENOUGH TO HAVE BEEN NOMINATED!! You just weren’t nominated because I was too lazy to do it… But seriously. Apologies to all those awesome blogs I missed. PLEASE send me a link in the comments with your answers to these questions!!
1. What’s your favorite food to eat while writing?
2. What’s the first thing you would do if the world began to burn up?
3. What’s your favorite author and why?
4. How many books have you read that you’ve not enjoyed?
5. Who’s your favorite character from literature?
6. What are your goals for future blogging?
7. How many character have you murdered in your books? (approximately)
8. If you could pick ANY creature in this world… (or in a book) what kind of creature are you like? And why? (make sure to describe it so we all know what the creature is like! Unless it’s something universally known like a koala…)
9. What’s your favorite movie and filmscore composer? (filmscores are the music from movies if you were wondering. If you don’t have one, then just music is good too XD )
10. If you had a choice between standing on your head for five minutes while eating a hamburger and doing jumping jacks for twenty-five minutes straight, which would you choose?
11. In regards to your favorite character’s hobbies (see #5) which is your favorite?
So that’s it and thank you so much, Kate, for nominating me!! 🙂
Respond in the comments and tell me what ya think. Don’t be afraid to complete the questions either 😉